Montgomery County Department of Transportation (MCDOT) is working for you! During fiscal year 2015 (July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015), the Division of Highway Services’ (DHS):
- Resurfaced 85 lane miles of primary/arterial roads;
- Resurfaced 121 lane miles of residential/rural roads;
- Rehabilitated 29 lane miles of roads;
- Patched 86 lane miles of roads;
- Replaced 18 miles of curbs and gutters; and
- Replaced 20 miles of sidewalk.
In addition, DHS completed the annual street sweeping program in mid-August, removing more than 1,265 tons of debris from nearly 4,056 miles of County roadways. The street sweeping program is an important component of MCDOT’s sustainability efforts to protect the environment. Removing debris keeps these pollutants from washing into rivers and streams, and eventually the Chesapeake Bay.