For projects to preserve pavement, DHS will complete full-depth patching of pavement; seal cracks; apply a micro surfacing material; sweep residual stone; and repaint lane markings. Work began on the projects listed below in July (unless otherwise noted) and will take about four weeks to complete. Work hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday:
- Richter Farm Road, from Great Seneca Highway to Germantown Road, Germantown.
- Dairymaid Drive, from Great Seneca Highway to Mateny Road, Germantown.
- Dawson Farm Road, from Great Seneca Highway to Germantown Road, Germantown.
- Granby Woods subdivision, Derwood, will begin in late summer/early fall. Work hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Arctic Avenue, from Bel Pre Road to Aspen Hill Road, Rockville, will begin in late August.
- Newport Mill Road, from Veirs Mill Road to University Boulevard, Wheaton, will begin in August.
- Middlebrook Road, from Frederick Road (Maryland Route 355) to Great Seneca Highway (Maryland Route 119), Germantown, will being in August. Work will be conducted at night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m.