Highlights on transportation improvements in the budget include:
- Enhance resources for Call ‘N’ Ride eligibility requirements that are expected to result in more than 400 new participants.
- Extend Ride On’s Kids Ride Free program for an extra hour -- from
- 2 p.m. until 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Ensure the County’s road infrastructure remains sound by significantly boosting funding for maintenance. Highway Services would expand planned road resurfacing from 24 lane miles in FY14 to 124 lane miles in FY15.
- Expand customer-friendly “smart” parking meters that were recently installed in Bethesda to on-street meters in downtown Silver Spring.