The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro) invites the public to provide feedback on its proposed Fiscal Year 2017 operating budget as well as the capital improvement plan and Federal grant applications.
The budget proposal includes no fare increases and no service reductions. Several key initiatives that are being considered are:
- Elimination of SmarTrip® loading on Metrobus
- Establishment of a University Pass (U-Pass)
- Establishment of a Bus/Rail Combination Pass
- Establishment of a same station entry/exit grace period
Comments on the proposed budget must be received by 9 a.m., Monday, February 29. The following opportunities are available for the public to provide input:
- Take an online survey at wmata.com/budget.
feedback to staff at the following locations/dates*:o Rosslyn Station, Tuesday, February 16 from 4-7 p.m. o Fort Totten Station, Wednesday, February 17 from 4-7 p.m. o Anacostia Station, Thursday, February 18 from 4-7 p.m.
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the formal public hearing on Monday, February 22* at 6:30 p.m., with an information session at 6 p.m. at Metro Headquarters Building, 600 Fifth St. NW, Washington, DC 20001.
*Note that dates may change due to weather and check wmata.com/budget for any schedule changes.
To view the full docket and for more information about the operating and capital budget, visit wmata.com/budget.