MCDOT has completed construction on several road projects that contain traffic calming elements, including:
- Franklin Avenue between Colesville Road and Flower Avenue in Silver Spring. This project, coordinated with the scheduled resurfacing of Franklin Avenue, includes pedestrian refuge islands, bump-outs, new pavement markings and new crosswalks.
- The Wisteria Drive / Waring Station Road project consisted of a series of bump-outs, pedestrian refuge islands, crosswalks and bus stop improvements.
- Jones Bridge Road pedestrian improvements extending from the North Chevy Chase Elementary School to Jones Mill Road.
- Cedar Lane/Summit Avenue, between Beach Drive and Knowles Avenue, included pedestrian refuge islands, bump-outs and new crosswalks.
- Spartan Road, between Georgia Avenue and MD 108, included pedestrian refuge islands, bump-outs and new crosswalks.