Individuals and groups are invited to provide input into the County’s next six-year capital construction budget by attending public forums that will be held in June and July by local citizen advisory boards. The forums will help define construction and planning priorities for the various regions in the County as officials begin developing the Fiscal Years 2017 to 2022 Capital Improvements Program (CIP) budget.
The CIP includes costs for new or renovated major projects such as roads, public schools, Montgomery College facilities, water and sewer lines, parks, libraries, health and recreation facilities, and other public buildings and projects.
The schedule for forums in each regional area is listed below:
• Bethesda-Chevy Chase – Monday, June 22, 7 p.m. at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional
Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda, 240-777-8200;
• Mid-County – Tuesday, June 23, 7 p.m. at the Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004
Queensguard Road, Silver Spring, 240-777-8101 or 240-777-6820;
• Eastern County – Thursday, June 25, 7 p.m. at the Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center,
3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring, 240-777-8414;
• Silver Spring – Monday, June 29, 7 p.m. at the Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place,
• Upcounty – Monday, July 13, 7 p.m. at the BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons
Drive, Germantown, 240-777-8040.
• Master list of CIP projects -- http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/omb/projects.html;
• Open Budget (Montgomery County’s new, highly interactive open data budget websites covering
departments, agencies, projects and much more) -
• Office of Management and Budget Publications -
Suggestions and comments from participants will be considered by the regional citizen advisory boards for inclusion in the funding priority lists they submit to the County Executive. The lists will also be shared with County departments and agencies for their consideration as they formulate the CIP for their departments.
Sign language interpreter services will be provided only upon request with notice as far in advance as possible, but no less than 72 hours prior to the event. If these or other services or aids are needed to participate in this activity, please call the number listed for the forum.