Paving projects, in which crews resurface local streets with hot mix asphalt, include:
- Diamondback Drive, Gaithersburg, between Sam Eig Highway and Muddy Branch Road, will be resurfaced beginning on or about the week of November 1. The project should be completed within about five weeks, weather permitting. Work hours are between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Work began at the end of October to repave Stedwick Road, between Watkins Mill Road and Montgomery Village Avenue in Gaithersburg. The project should take about five weeks to complete, weather permitting. Work hours are between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Work began in mid-October to repave Hidden Glen Lane off Turkey Food Road in North Potomac. The project should be completed in about four weeks, weather permitting. Work hours are between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Crews make concrete curb, gutter and sidewalk repairs to replace defective sections of curbs or sidewalks; ensure structural integrity and proper drainage; and remove tripping hazards. Under this operation, residents can take advantage of discounts for concrete work under the driveway apron and lead walk repair program. Upcoming projects include:
- Kingswell/Glenmont Forest, Wheaton, is about 65 percent complete. The remainder of the project will be completed in the spring.
- Tuckerman Lane, between Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda, was recently completed.