Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Ride On Employee Spotlight Interview - Innocent Nartey

 

Tell us how long you have been with MCDOT and describe your career path within MCDOT.

I have been with the county for a total of 25 years. I drove a Ride On bus from 1998 to 2008. I went to the Finance Department for 6 years. I returned to MCDOT in 2014 as a Transit Operations Supervisor, until my recent promotion to Program Manager II

Please describe the day-to-day activities pertaining to your work.

I monitor the activities of the front desk, making sure all runs are covered and on time, minimize missed trips, handle safety issues at the depot, approve operator leave, assign work to substitute operators and prepare the relief board.

Please provide some examples of your role’s direct impact on Ride On operations.

I help new operators get to know the job. I also make sure each operator has a run (what routes they are driving that day) and is comfortable with what he or she is doing.

What are the most challenging parts of your job?

One of the most challenging parts of my job is making sure all runs are covered when operator callouts increase suddenly.

What is the best part of your job?

I love getting to work with people from different countries and different cultures.

What experience and personal characteristics are the best matches for this job?

In this position knowing how to manage people is very important, as well as knowing how to stay calm in stressful situations. 

If you are interested in working for the Montgomery County Department of Transportation, search 'Transportation' for job openings here