In-house Ride On staff created the programming and graphics to make better use of the “big data” it collects on its bus system. Ride On plans to make its data more accessible to the public to enhance their traveling experience and get them the information they need to make taking transit more predictable. Ride On is using beam technology to count passenger boardings and exits at each stop and GPS to track bus locations in real time.
Sign at Powder Mill Road and New Hampshire Avenue. Scroll at top is Ride On Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Ride On selected bus shelters with high ridership and distributed the signs around the County. The locations of the signs and the bus routes serving each one are:
Ride On & Metro Bus Routes
1. Observation Drive at Montgomery College, Southbound 55
2. Monroe Street at Monroe Place, Westbound 44,46,47,54,56,63
3. Bel Pre Road at Grand Pre Road, Eastbound 34,41,49, L8
4. Stewart Lane at Old Columbia Pike, Southbound 10, Z's
5. Rockledge Drive at Democracy Blvd, Eastbound 47,96, J's
6. Clubhouse at Montgomery Village Ave, Southbound 59, 60, 64, 65
7. Rockville Pike at Edson Lane, Southbound 5,46, J5
8. Clopper Rd at Mateny Rd, Eastbound 61,71, 78
9. Powder Mill Rd at New Hampshire Ave., Eastbound 10,20, 22,24
A tenth sign will be installed on Muncaster Mill Road at northbound Woodfield Road.
The signs were funded using a State grant from the Maryland Transit Administration.
More information about Ride On is available online.