Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett has announced the dates, times, and places of five budget forums to be held throughout the County in January. The forums, held every year by Leggett to get public feedback on the upcoming County operating budget, are free and open to all. Input from the forums informs development of the County’s operating budget. The County Executive will release his Recommended Operating Budget on March 15 for the fiscal year that begins July 1, 2016.
The forums will begin with a briefing on the upcoming budget by the County Office of Management and Budget, followed by a conversation and question-and-answer period with the County Executive.
The meetings, which all begin at 7 p.m., are scheduled for:
- Wednesday, January 6 – Eastern Montgomery Regional Services Center, 3300 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring
- Monday, January 11 – Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Bethesda
- Wednesday, January 20 – Silver Spring Civic Center, One Veterans Plaza, Silver Spring
- Thursday, January 21 – Mid-County Community Recreation Center, 2004 Queensguard Road, Silver Spring
- Monday, January 25 – BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown