Paving projects, in which crews will resurface the local streets with hot mix asphalt:
- To begin in August, Fernwood Road in Bethesda from Rockledge Drive to Democracy Boulevard. Paving should take eight weeks to complete, weather permitting, and occur between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Bonifant Road in Colesville from Layhill Road to New Hampshire Avenue. Paving should take eight weeks to complete, weather permitting, and occur between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Begun in July, Peach Tree Road in Barnesville from Darnestown Road to Old Hundred Road.
- Beginning in August, the entire length of Lloyd Road in Travilah from Glen Mill Road to its dead end. Work is expected to take three to four weeks, weather permitting, and occur between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Beginning in late July, the Rock Creek Manor community in Rockville.
Work to replace the first culvert was completed this month. The second culvert will be replaced later this summer after its design is approved by the environmental agencies. During culvert replacement, the road will temporary close for about two weeks.
For more information on resurfacing projects throughout the County, visit the Division of Highway Services’ website or call 311 (TTY, call 301-251-4850), Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.